Download the requirements for the printing honor by clicking on the download link above.
1. Know how the following printing devices work:
2. Know what the reference of pound means in determining the weight of paper. Know what the following paper types are used for:
3. Tour a print shop or newspaper company. Write a 300-word report or give a three-minute oral report on the steps taken in the printing process that you observed.
4. Do some research to learn about the history of printing. Trace the development of printing by learning how printing presses have progressed to the present.
5. Know the different inks available for printing and their characteristics.
6. Know the meaning of the following terms:
7. Know the difference between half-tones, duo-tones, and the four-color process.
8. Interview a printer to find out the following:
Skill Level 2
Original Honor 1929