Download the requirements for the Sttewardship honor by clicking on the download link above.
1. What was the role of a steward during biblical times? What has stewardship come to mean in the modern era? Create a modern “dictionary entry” for the term.
2. Is biblical stewardship about the management of all of God’s creation? How does Psalm 50:10-12 affect your understanding of biblical stewardship? Brainstorm a list of ways that stewardship is part of daily life and not just financial gifts.
3. With regard to biblical principles, briefly describe the concept of stewardship based on the list below. What real life example can be applied to each? Use biblical references to support your answer.
Stewardship of Mind and Body:
4. In the Pathfinder pledge, we promise to be pure, kind, and true. How does following that pledge relate to the stewardship of our mind? Discuss or write your thoughts.
5. Discuss how the text found in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 relates to the stewardship of your body.
Stewardship of Environment:
6. Using Genesis 2:15 as reference, choose from the list below one way that you could help to care for God’s earth.
Stewardship of Talent:
7. Do the following:
Stewardship of Time:
8. Create a list of six items you do on a nearly-daily basis. Estimate how much time you believe you spend on each item and make a list. Then, for five days, measure how much time you actually spend on those six items. Some items that can be included:
Stewardship of Possessions:
9. Briefly describe the fundamental difference between returning the tithes and giving offerings. Include biblical references to support your answer. Bible references may include: Genesis 28:22, Leviticus 27:30, Malachi 3:8, 1 Corinthians 16:2, 2 Corinthians 9:7.
10. Discuss Malachi 3:10 and complete the following questions:
11. Interview an individual (church treasurer, stewardship coordinator, etc.) within your church that is familiar with the church budget. Include in your interview a discussion of at least the following:
Skill Level 2
Original Honor 1986
Spiritual Growth, Outreach and Heritage Ministries