Fires, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, and other disasters are striking more frequently than ever before. Every individual should be familiar with the disasters most likely to affect the area in which they live and know how to prepare for and react to such events. Adventist Community Services (ACS) is the humanitarian arm of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in North America and its Disaster Response ministry has developed the course Introduction to Disaster Preparedness
. The seven modules presented in this video will help you, your family, and your church become better prepared for disasters.
- Module 1: Introduction (length: 3:49)
- Module 2: Be informed about different types of disasters (length: 3:12)
- Module 3: Have an individual and family disaster plan (length: 7:12)
- Module 4: Make a home disaster kit (length: 13:08)
- Module 5: Make a portable disaster kit (length: 7:40)
- Module 6: Have a church disaster plan (length: 13:51)
- Module 7: Prepare to assist others following a disaster (length: 8:41)
ACS has Disaster Response teams all across North America who engage in preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery efforts year round.