Fundraising doesn’t take place in a vacuum. It is an essential function in the entire scope of the nonprofit sector, which is supported by philanthropy. And philanthropy is a highly significant part of the fabric of American society, providing opportunities for fulfillment, meeting needs, addressing crises and disasters, and building sustainability for the future. A fundraising professional is the manager of a process that brings together a sense of caring with needs that must be met.
Whether you’re a professional fundraiser, you’re considering a career in fundraising, or you’re beginning your first fundraising project, this book provides information that can help you meet your goals. Read this book to learn about:
- An Overview of an Ongoing Fundraising Program or Department
- Skills and Qualities of the Aspiring Professional and Fundraising Positions to Match
- Embarking on a Fundraising Career
- Fundraising Professional Development Pipeline
- Are We There Yet? Tracking the Path of Professionalism in Fundraising
- Leading from any Level–the Fundraiser’s Challenge and Opportunity
- Tracing the Development of Fundraising in the U.S.
- Avoiding the No-Win Job
- The Globalization of Fundraising
If you are considering engaging in fundraising for your church, school, or a non-profit organization, this book provides an overview of the wide range of possibilities for philanthropic action.
Paperback. Copyright 2015.